A year in the life of......

A collection of true stories of: Triumphs and Failures. Random Thoughts and Rants in life and love of a Masocistic Beauty Queen.



Monday, July 18, 2011

Only The Good Die Young

It's a tie between death and heart ache as the two things that devastate humanity the most.  Each of them can make a person feel like they don't want to go on to tomorrow.  I guess for the last few months I have been dealing with a broken heart and just as I was feeling strong again I was reminded of how delicate life is.  Today my cousin passed away and he was just beginning to live his adult life not even thirty five.  It's a horrible tragedy and I think my entire family is feeling the loss.  Even though we all didn't see each other all the time he was the one that everyone was so proud of he was good and he was honest. 

Loss is loss and when a young person passes it makes me angry; such a waste.  But today I felt as though I wanted to scream at someone as to how life is so unfair.  As I sat at my aunts house in the aftermath of today's events I heard someone crying alone.  It was my cousins wife, they haven't been married long, and they have a young son.  I started to think and started to grow frustrated.  Our one purpose in life is to find love.  To open our hearts and make room for someone else's vessel.  Because until we find that match, that person we are willing to grow with a piece of us is missing.  Here was a person who found that missing piece only to have it broken away from her.  Just when she thought life was bright and although I had only met her on a few occasions I know my cousin loved her.  I know that because his eyes lit up when he talked about his young family.

So here are two souls ripped apart before time should have allowed and here we are many of us selfish.  I think about my life and I get even more annoyed.  A year ago I decided to start trying to be more accepting because that is how you bring love in.  But we forget how fragile we are and all the stupidities of life and our flaws begin to get in the way.  Everything gets complicated and we say I'm done.  We never think about maybe I am jumping the gun.  Maybe I need to relax, maybe I need to be more understanding, maybe I need to learn to let go and forgive.  Perhaps I need to do all those things because life could pass me by at an instant and I will have regrets about what I have done.

Love doesn't die over night and it doesn't fade away when the soul departs from the body.  If it is real love it stays inside you forever because memories never die. What is lost is the scent of someone or feeling their embrace.  These kinds of things happen to good people every single day.  That's why if given the opportunity you should always tell someone how you feel about them.  It's okay to think that love conquers all and to accept I'm sorry.   The reason is because every day is precious and if you think you have found that missing piece of your puzzle you should cherish every moment, never knowing how long you will get to live in that moment; the one where everything feels perfect.  Where the two really feel like one.