A year in the life of......

A collection of true stories of: Triumphs and Failures. Random Thoughts and Rants in life and love of a Masocistic Beauty Queen.



Monday, September 26, 2011

Dating Horror Stories....Pick a Team Buddy

Now in the last five years I don't have much experience in dating.  I had a boyfriend most of the time or was completely turned off to it. I'm really not into it.  The thought of going out with a stranger who is probably boring just makes my brain bleed.  People will say oh you have to give it a chance or try one of those online things.  No thanks I'm fine with not having a date every Friday and meeting someone online wigs me out too.  Once and a while I get lectured after one too many drinks from a friend about my anti-dating ways and there is a story I like to share.  It's about an experience I had in dating and why it sucks.

During my first break up with Tom I decided to open my horizons up to dating.  I was willing to meet people through other people.  A friend decided to set me up with his buddy, but in a round about way like he wanted us to all hang out and work his magic.  Plus he knew that I knew what this guy looked like so I would have said hell no if it was a real date.  Anyway Shannon was a trust fund kid.  He was dorky looking and socially awkward.  I think he wanted to be a club kid and got stuck in his rave days.  So my friend Dougie invited me one night to Shannon's house to hang out.  When I arrived to my surprise there was no one there but Shannon.  Okay he was a little weird but it was interesting conversation.  I wasn't going to marry the guy and  few free dinners would be nice....plus he was in a party stage like me.

So I hung out with this Shannon a few times and each time he seemed to get stranger and stranger.  I knew the time was coming where I was going to have to say it was fun but all we were going to be was friends.  He just wasn't my type and I wanted to be nice about it because he wasn't a jerk off.  So Shannon invited me to a bar and decided to let his freak flag fly.  There was a meat head who approached the bar in front of us.  Shannon said to me, "Wow that guy is hot!" I thought he had to be kidding....then he said, "what I've kissed a boy, sometimes I get lonely." At that second I knew I had to get out of there.  So I said I felt sick and excused myself.  I never spoke to Shannon again.

The point of my story is.....it was bad enough before when you had to compete with other women for a date but I will not compete with men as well.  This is one of the reasons I hate dating.  I didn't even like this guy in a romantic way and I still felt like a dumbass when all those dates where said and done.  What is this bi-sexual bullshit?  Seriously pick a team!!  A man is either gay or straight he cannot be both.  Until this measure gets cleared up by society every time I go on a date with someone new I am not going to be thinking if I seem desperate for texting him first.  I am going to be wondering if he likes to lick men's buttholes!