A year in the life of......

A collection of true stories of: Triumphs and Failures. Random Thoughts and Rants in life and love of a Masocistic Beauty Queen.



Monday, December 19, 2011

The End Is Almost Here....Good Riddens 2011!

In my life it seems every other year I am due for a bad one.  While 2010 was most excellent till the very end 2011 has proved to be a real asshole of a year.  It's not because I turned thirty and I am filled with sorrows due to my youth ending.  It is due to about a million other things that went wrong and I can't wait to leave them behind in a year that has past.  My life was like a Bridget Jones movie on crack in 2011.  Thus I decided to make a top five list of the dumbass things that I can't wait to say peace out to come 2012.

1). Strike Two In Tom and Me's Relationship Issues
In 2010 I was a so confident that love conquers all and everything happens for a reason.  I was sure Tom and I were meant to be together.  He came back into my life a knight in shining armour.  Well 2011 had different plans.....it even invaded the end of 2010 to plant it's evil seed.  My little wonderful took a time machine back to August 2008 and I wasn't good enough yet again.  My mind was filled with crazy and my heart was as broke as ever.  One month would be good and one month would be bad.  Until the mecca of all 2011 blow ups when Tom accused me of stalking and threatened to call the cops......followed by pretending I was dead the remainder of the year.  Oh what fun that was!  While I haven't completely given up on love and I guess I learned that when someone tells you they are changing you should look for the actual action of it more then the words.  Oh and we should take responsibility for our own actions I am glad that is behind me.  I am so over heartache no matter who it's with.  Hopefully I have paid my dues when it comes to terrible things that can overwhelm someones love.

2). Getting Rid of Friends Who Lack Principles
I have spent the year trying to banish the people in my life who brought too much drama.  Sometimes you feel bad about letting people go especially if you have been friends with them for a long time.  But then you realize it when they get you dragged into their shit the friendship isn't worth it.  I am over people telling me that they cheated and then expecting me to cover up for them.  I am no longer going to care if they try to blame me for their problems that don't have anything to do with me.  Birds of a feather flock together and I don't want friends that think it's ok to do stuff I don't agree with and make people assume I am the same way.  In my older age I am loyal to my man and I don't think it's ok to destroy someones life just because you only care about yourself.  Therefore peace out to my friends who are now my enemies.

3). Working for Idiots
In 2011 I found myself stressed out over a job that was completely irrelevant to anything I would ever do with my life.  It was literally making me sick to go into work.  I was beat down and told I maybe wasn't good enough for the job.  That was bullshit.  I had more education then most people there including the boss.  I can't believe I was written up for not wanting to be friends with people at work I don't care about.  If I am going to do work just to get a paycheck while I am finishing my education I at least want it to be relevant.  So I told those fools at Citi to suck it and moved on. 

4). Being Lazy
2011 was my laziest year in a long time.  I had no motivation to do much of anything all year.  I was procrastinating on homework.  I didn't work out like I should.  I didn't speak up when I should have.  I slept my cares away and didn't think about myself a whole lot.  Well I learned it's okay to be selfish because when you are lazy it just makes the things that are bad seem a lot worse.  If you want something you have to go out and get it....that means taking risks.  I'm not going to just play it safe anymore.

5. Worrying About Other People's Opinions
Everyone had an opinion about every situation in my life in 2011.  It didn't matter if it was in relation to love or work.  As I took it all in it made my mind spin more then it was before.  I became paranoid and uneasy.  The bottom line it is my life and I will do what I want with it.  If someone doesn't like it then too bad.  As long as I am happy that is all that should matter.  It's my bed and I am the one that has to lay in it.