A year in the life of......

A collection of true stories of: Triumphs and Failures. Random Thoughts and Rants in life and love of a Masocistic Beauty Queen.



Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The best kind of gifts are written

Over the years I have received many beautiful gifts from boyfriends that came and went.  Tom would even let me make a list out of the Tiffany's catalog.  But out of all those things I got over the years the best gift anyone ever gave me were letters.  For a while I missed placed all those hand written notes.  I missed them too each time I got something shiny I thought about them. 

Not that long ago I found them again.  Some of them were very long while some were just a few sentences.  On stationary and on post its each one of them had thought put into each word.  I could read them over and over again because they are honest.  So many memories and times I almost forgot about.  The feeling that you get on some one you care about writes you a letter is exciting.  They are what being happy is supposed to feel like. 

I want more letters.  I even want the ones I have to use an online translator to read.  I want double of the ones that leave me thinking.  I never want to give them up again.  The best thing about letters is that you always have to option of writing back.  Then you have those special moments where you both know, but no one else does, and you don't need to talk about with each other.  It's a little special secret.