A year in the life of......

A collection of true stories of: Triumphs and Failures. Random Thoughts and Rants in life and love of a Masocistic Beauty Queen.



Monday, August 15, 2011

I might be a little snobby....but I can't help it alligators are cute.

I have had many encounters in life with other human beings.  Some of those situations I found to be quite pleasant and I thought hey that was a great conversation.  Others I though wow I think I just lost a a brain cell trying to figure out what the fuck they were talking about.  I had a lot of those moments this weekend.  I have been feeling down in the dumps a lot lately due to the surrounding circumstances of life and if you don't read my blog I'm not about to rewind so go back use your brain, do some reading.  So Friday I decided to treat myself to a little shopping.  Retail therapy always makes me feel better.  I needed a big pick me too I have about a million bridal showers and weddings to go to in the next sixty days.  So I had to prepare myself on the outside for the emotional abuse I was about to suffer on the inside when people start looking at me and say, "oh well you will meet someone some day."  Really they are thinking inside their head that I am pathetic and must be lonely.  Yeah I can read minds I'm part fairy like Sookie Stackhouse.

The good news well I had some great luck with my shopping.  I found some really beautiful pieces including a white eyelet maxi dress at Banana Republic.  On a side note there are always hot guys in that store, yes they may be gay but hey you can always look!  I was ready for shower number one on Saturday dressed just like the perfect real housewife.  I was a little nervous about this one since Tom had me uninvited to the wedding; I didn't really know what to expect.  To my delight it went great!  Everyone was quite interesting and I was pleasantly surprised to be cheered on by the bride.  Seems to be she thinks I'm too good and too pretty for Tom herself.  She pledged her allegiance to the other team.  Not that it was a huge deal but hey it made me feel good.  It also made me take a side note should I ever become a wizard not to bind myself to Tom and perhaps it would be a better idea to feed him to a Kraken.

The night continued on and I went with my friend to a birthday party. As soon as I heard some of the surrounding conversations I knew that I was going to be completely disengaged from the people around me.  It was a big let down seeing that the previous three hours went so well.  Number one I was surrounded by hair dressers.....not that there is anything wrong with all hair dressers.  I know some really nice ones in fact one of my good friends is one and some smart ones.  But in my experiences the majority of them are idiots.....this was no exception to that rule.  The first one entered into a conversation I was having about WOW and an old boyfriend.  She naturally had to divert the conversation to something hair related.  So I thought fine I will dumb myself down to her level and I proceeded to talk about bangs.  She had some and her hair looked like shit.....yet she felt the need to lecture me about not knowing a thing about fashion because I don't know about bangs, since I don't do hair (she was right about that part because I pay someone to do that for me).  OK snob moment but for about what seemed like forever I just stared at her like she had a huge wart on her face.  Was this broad serious?  She was lecturing me about fashion but she looked like she got dressed in the dark.  I had to take a deep breath and think don't say anything mean she can't help it her IQ level is lower then yours.

I knew I had to get out of that place and my smarter friends were hungry.  They convinced me to try this local hole in the wall Jose's supposedly they had the best Mexican food in town.  I already knew before I got there I was going to be disappointed.  As we arrived I noticed another one of the "hair girls" and he man were joining us.  Awesome I was sure I would get to listen to more stimulating conversation!  As I reviewed the menu I was disgusted by the slop that they were trying to pull off as food.  So I clearly stated this isn't authentic.  Hair girl number two practically jumps at me "where did I think I could get authentic food then, what is authentic, don't I know different families have different recipes, didn't I know that the taco shells had to be ordered a certain way?"  I wanted to shake the shit out of her!  First of all why would anyone who is clearly not Mexican try to explain to a Mexican what is authentic and what isn't?  An idiot that is who!  I had to tell her I was pretty sure there are not any families in Mexico who use a whole lot of cheddar cheese on anything "authentic."  I was completely annoyed and every second I stared at her face I kept thinking about how stupid she sounded.   So I was a little bitchy to the server, I was hungry, the food tasted like shit, and I can only handle so much non-smart conversation over a course of five hours.

I left there feeling like I lost a few brain cells that night.  It just made me think about how people will come and go from your life.  Some will make an impact and others will not....clearly hair girl one and two will be easily forgotten.  It also made me realize how much I have been changing over the years.  While I am still a snob and I still love to wear Lacoste with pearls I can't tolerate a whole lot of ignorance anymore.  I need more from conversation then hair extensions and feathers.  While I don't expect all my friends to discuss CNN with me I like that the majority of them do.  Stupid is as stupid does.....and if stupid is you there is the door or hand me my earmuffs.