A year in the life of......

A collection of true stories of: Triumphs and Failures. Random Thoughts and Rants in life and love of a Masocistic Beauty Queen.



Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Time to Take a Little Vaca

In the mist of my boredom I decided why not do some research on and then share the top five dorky places I would like to visit in the United States.  Each of those places has a special place in my heart and I think I will see all of them before I die.  Because I mean what is stopping me they are all right here in the U.S. Plus I have a sneaking suspicion that they are all very cheap places to visit.

1. The La Brea Tar Pits - Los Angeles California

How awesome would it be to go to a place where prehistoric beasts met their death in tar!  Seriously a melted parking lot killed thousands of mastodons. COOL!

2. Dinosaur National Park -Vernal Utah


Land of the Lost.....seriously why wouldn't I want to go to a national park that is centered around dinos.  Maybe I could find my very raptor eggs or find a new species! 

3. Salem Witch Museum - Salem Massachusetts


Higher, higher, burning fire, making music like a choir.  First witches are sweet, second I heard this place is haunted.  It's like ghost busters real life and I have always wanted to meet slimer in the flesh.

4. Roanoke Island -North Carolina

The lost colony.....no one knows what happened to the people of Roanoke.  It's a pretty freaky far out story!  They just disappeared and apparently there is a festival here every year that is pretty twisted.  I have to wittiness it with my own eyes.

5. Dinosaur State Park- Rocky Hill Connecticut

It's the dinosaur park of the east coast and I plan on seeing every major dino attraction in this country before I die.  This one has the largest collection of Jurassic fossils in the United States....really I mean who wouldn't want to go to Jurassic park.

So there you have it the top five weird places I want to visit in the United States.  I need some people to go on the adventures with me and I promise it will be a good time!  So sign up and have my people call your people you won't regret it.